3 - 1
Full Time


Date Time League Season
Sat, 16th Dec 2017 3:00 PM Isthmian League Division 1 North 2017 / 18


Hornchurch returned to winning ways as they ran out 3-1 winners against struggling Cheshunt with goals from Leon McKenzie and a second half brace from George Purcell.

Saturday 16-December-2017

HFC – Mott, Bentley ©, Porter, Lee (Styles 36), Cooper, Oluwaitmilihin, Fanimo, Livings (Roberts 61), McKenzie, Purcell, Warner (Fairweather-Johnson 80)
Subs – Hursit, Chouman

CFC – Joseph, Clemo, Agholor, Lampe, Forrest, Ellesley, Kukoyi, Bruno, Hallett © (Kalu 79), Wallace (Haag 79), Roberts (Osei 69)
Subs – Brennan, O’Brien

Officials – Karl Sear with Mahdi Elhalawany and Ryan Smith

Scorers – McKenzie 11 (H) – Purcell 58 (H) – Purcell 73 (H) – Forrest 86 (CFC)
Bookings – Lee 17 (H) – Warner 30 (H)
Attendance 148
Duration 46.00 + 49.00


There was one change to the team that lost at Canvey last week, Nathan Livings coming into the starting line up.

Hornchurch had early chances to open the scoring, Leon McKenzie and George Purcell having shots saved by Montel Joseph in the visiting goal.

Cheshunt offered little threat apart from a shot from Kyle Roberts that went wide of the target, and it was no surprise when Hornchurch took the lead on eleven minutes when Brad Warner played the ball to an overlapping Alex Bentley, whose centre found Leon McKenzie, who headed home at the far post.

Sam Mott had little to do as the home defence contained the threat of Jason Hallett up front, although Mott was called into action to save a long-range free kick that would otherwise have drifted under the bar and into the net. Hornchurch lost Kenzer Lee with an injury and Elliot Styles came on for his 523rd match for the Urchins, thereby equalling the record set up by Peter Goddard.

Joseph made an excellent save from Warner, who had moved onto a free kick from the left, and Joseph was called upon to save again five minutes later, this time from Purcell.

Hornchurch continued to come forward in the second half, although they were finding it difficult to penetrate the Cheshunt defence, with Jeramie Agholor and George Forrest outstanding, although six minutes into the second period McKenzie beat the defence but headed wide from an Olumide Oluwatimilihin centre.

Hornchurch pressure was rewarded when George Purcell volleyed home the second goal after the Cheshunt defence had failed to clear when the ball was played into the area from a throw in.

Purcell went close to increasing the lead when he moved on to a Jay Porter cross, but Joseph saved well, but the third goal followed when Matthias Fanimo played a long ball out to the right, for McKenzie, who moved along the line and crossed into the goalmouth. Joseph could only parry the ball, and George Purcell quickly followed up to score.

Fanimo was worrying the Cheshunt defence on the left side, and a good cross set up Brad Warner, but his shot was wide.

Cheshunt made three substitutions, but they rarely offered any threat to the home goal, until, four minutes from time, George Forrest took advantage of a misplaced pass out of defence, and he ran forward to fire a shot past Sam Mott for a consolation goal.


AFC Hornchurch

1 Sam Mott Goalkeeper
2 Alex Bentley Defender
3 Jay Porter Defender
4 Kenzer Lee 15 Defender
5 Nathan Cooper Defender
6 Olumide Oluwatimilehin Midfielder
7 Matthias Fanimo Midfielder
8 Nathan Livings 17 Midfielder
9 Leon McKenzie Forward
10 George Purcell Forward
11 Brad Warner 14 Forward
14 Theo Fairweather-Johnson 11 Midfielder
15 Elliot Styles 4 Defender
17 Sean Roberts 8 Midfielder


Bridge Avenue
Bridge Ave, Upminster, Essex RM14 2LX, UK
buy cialis or generic tadalafil