Hornchurch led twice through Kenzer Lee and Tobi Coker but 2 goals in the last 6 minutes ensured it was Dulwich who progressed to the Ryman League Cup semi finals.

Tuesday 14-February-2017 – Isthmian League Cup

HFC – Budd, Cohen (Coley 90+2), Bentley, Lee, Cooper, Chouman, Styles ©, Wall, Coker (Morrish 70), Thompson (Joseph 81), Nesbitt
Subs – Da Cruz, Hussain

DH – Edwards, Taylor, Murrell-Williamson, James Beaney 49), Drage, Chambers ©, Ming, Mohamed, Erskine (Tomlin 67), Camara (Carew 67), Sekajja
Subs – Shilaja, Danquah

Officials – Conor Farrell with Kennedy Kikulwe and Tom Fell

Scorers – Lee 38 (H) – Sekajja 45+1 (DH) – Coker 64 (H) – Tomlin 84 (DH) – Carew 88 (DH)
Bookings – Camara 21 (DH) – Styles 83 (H) – Chambers 90+3 (DH)
Attendance 146
Duration 47.00 + 50.00


Hornchurch made a number of changes from their usual line up, with Rob Budd making his debut in goal, whilst Sam Mott and leading scorer Leon McKenzie were rested, and Ozzie Adeniji was cup-tied.

On a mild night, there were few scoring opportunities in the first fifteen minutes, with only a Teddy Nesbitt free kick causing any danger, the ball being headed away to safety.

Elliot Styles was given a shooting chance following good work by Abs Thompson, but he put his shot high over the bar.

Jed Chouman went close, when he moved onto a Thompson cross, only to scoop his shot over the bar.

Dulwich had a good opportunity to open the scoring when Ibra Sekajja was given too much room, but Rob Budd saved well, turning the ball around the post for a corner, and Styles headed firmly away when the ball was sent into the goalmouth.

Thompson made a long solo run through the middle and Preston Edwards did well to keep the shot out of the net.

Hornchurch took the lead on 38 minutes after Thompson won a corner. Teddy Nesbitt sent the ball over towards the far post, where it was only partially cleared and Kenzer Lee fired home from close range.

Tobi Coker almost added a second three minutes later, but his shot was wide of the target.

Edwards saved Dulwich from going further behind when he ran out of goal to kick clear from Chouman, who had broken through the defence, and Hamlet drew level in first half stoppage time when Ibra Sekajja took advantage of some slack defending to fire the ball home.

Two minutes into the second half, Panuche Camara was well placed in front of goal but he put his shot over the bar.

At the other end Chouman appeared to be brought down inside the area, but play continued and the ball was turned out for a corner. Nesbitt sent the ball into the middle where Nathan Cooper headed over.

On the hour Thompson opened up the defence on the right and his cross reached Coker, but his shot was directed too close to Edwards, who saved comfortably, turning the ball around the post.

Tobi Coker made amends on 64 minutes when he ran on to a long ball from Ross Wall, and weaved his way past two defenders before firing his shot hard into the net to put Hornchurch back in front.

Dulwich then made two substitutions, and began to come more into the game as an attacking force.

Hornchurch also made a substitution, James Morrish replacing Coker, and it was Morrish who had an excellent opportunity to put Hornchurch further ahead, when he found himself in front of goal following a Thompson cross, but he put his shot wide of the target.

Dulwich, with Gavin Tomlin and Ashley Carew transforming their attack, drew level after Styles had conceded a free kick in their half, and there was a short delay whilst he was booked for appearing to kick the ball away. The free kick was played along the right wing, and Gavin Tomlin was ideally placed to turn the centre into the net to level the score.

Two minutes from time Dulwich took the lead when an Ashley Carew free kick eluded everyone and ended up in the net.

In the remaining minutes Dulwich concentrated on defence and held out to earn a trip to Tonbridge Angels in the semi-final.

Leave Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

buy cialis or generic tadalafil