Date Time Competition Season
Tue, 20th Sep 2016 7:45 PM Ryman Division 1 North 2016 / 17


Tuesday 20-September-2016

BT – O’Sullivan, Allan, Cusack, Aitkens, Weavers, Clements, De’Ath (Garrett 55), Canter, Reed, Ingram (Debenham 76), Jolland
Sub – Kennedy

HFC – Mott, Bentley, Da Cruz, Morrish, Cooper, Goodacre, Thompson (Kone 83), Lee, Mackenzie (Knight 90+1), Collis, Coley
Subs – Agombar, Hursit

Officials – Thomas Handcock with Joseph Karram and Samuel Ingrey

Scorers – Coley 34 – Coley 47

Booking – Allen 87 (BT)
Attendance 320
Duration 47.00 + 49.00


Neither side was prepared to take any chances in the first fifteen minutes, and play was confined largely to midfield, the only opportunity falling to Hornchurch, when Abs Thompson charged down a clearance from home goalkeeper Neil O’Sullivan, the ball bouncing high into the air before being punted to safety.

Ryan Jolland fired a free kick wide of the post, but the midfield stalemate changed in dramatic fashion when a cross from the right wing took an awkward bounce and Alex Bentley was penalised for handball.

Noel Aitkens stepped up to take the penalty, and Sam Mott dived to make an excellent save.

Hornchurch began to take control, with Abs Thompson prominent on the right wing. A Thompson run earned a corner, and Dave Collis floated the ball over, only for the home defence to clear.

Leon Mackenzie then flicked on to Ayrton Coley, who ran powerfully towards goal, but Phil Weavers tackled before Coley could shoot.

Hornchurch had a scare when Jolland rounded Bentley, but Mott was ideally placed to turn the shot around the post for a corner.

Hornchurch went ahead when Bentley slipped a pass through to Thompson, who left two defenders trailing, before taking the ball almost to the goal line and then pulling it back into the middle, where Ayrton Coley was waiting to place the ball firmly into the net.

The remainder of the first half was played out in midfield, but two minutes after half time Hornchurch increased their lead. Leon Mackenzie played a ball out to the left. T he home defence seemed to have any danger covered, only for Ayrton Coley to take full advantage of a moment’s hesitation to gain possession, and he calmly rounded O’Sullivan and stoked the ball home.

Bury introduced Remi Garrett, and for a time the Hornchurch defence had to soak up some heavy pressure from the home forwards, but Paul Goodacre, JJ Da Cruz and Nathan Cooper ensured that Sam Mott did not have a shot to deal with, until a Jolland free kick found a home forward, whose header was well saved by Mott, who promptly played the ball deep upfield, for Coley, whose powerful run towards goal was halted when he was pulled back, with the defender perhaps very fortunate to escape a booking.

Play was held up for a time when Coley needed attention, but it was Coley soon afterwards who ran to a Mackenzie pass, but his shot was wide of the post.

Ousmana Kone came on for Thompson, who had given the Bury defence a very torrid time, but it was Coley who was now terrorising the home defence, with a run which only ended when he was pulled down after he had beaten two defenders, only to be pulled down by the third one. A booking immediately followed, and the free kick was given on the edge of the area, although it could just have easily resulted in a penalty.

Collis took the free kick but his centre eluded everyone.

David Knight replaced Mackenzie in stoppage time, during which Hornchurch had no difficulty in playing out the remaining few minutes, the only moment of danger coming from a Bury corner, which ended up in the safe hands of Sam Mott.

buy cialis or generic tadalafil