Date Time Competition Season
Tue, 6th Sep 2016 7:45 PM Ryman Division 1 North 2016 / 17


Tuesday 06-September-2016

HFC – Mott, Collis, Chouman, Styles © (Da Cruz 86), Morrish, Thompson, Lee, Knight, Purcell (Freeman 52), Agombar (Coley 79)
Subs – woodward, Hursit

BT – Moore, Cavalier, Foster, Owusu, Goncalves, Alexander, Freeman (milner69), Hall, Charlie Georgiou (Greenslade Scarlett 60), Harrison Georgiou (Greenslade 75), Reynolds
Subs – Ngandu, Sampayo

Officials – Steve Parmenter with James Masson and Kane Woods
Scorers – Reynolds 3 (BT) Charlie Georgiou 38 (BT) –

Bookings – Owusu 41 (BT – Styles 52 (H) – Goncalves 83 (BT)
Duration 48.00 + 49.00
Attendance 165


Hornchurch fell behind after just three minutes when Lamar Reynolds was allowed too much space, and he fired his shot powerfully into the net.

Hornchurch almost equalised two minutes later, when Abs Thompson cut inside, only for his shot to hit the post with the keeper beaten.

After Hornchurch had successfully defended a corner, they moved upfield and Thompson opened up the visiting defence before crossing towards the far post, where George Purcell headed goalwards, but the ball hit the post and came back out.

Hornchurch were forced back onto defence and Brentwood won four corners inside five minutes, though all were comfortably defended.

Charlie Georgiou was given a shooting chance but he lifted his shot over the bar, and at the other end David Knight went close after good work by Thompson.

Brentwood increased their lead on 37 minutes when Charlie Georgiou found himself with plenty of room and he made no mistake with a well-placed shot.

Sam Owusu was booked for bringing down Thompson as he raced through the defence, and almost on half time Nathan Cooper headed over from a free kick.

Hornchurch went close a minute after half time when Elliot Styles headed a Harry Agombar corner across the goal but no one could supply the final touch.

Ricky Freeman came on for Purcell, and Sam Mott made an excellent save to keep Hornchurch in with a chance, as it was unlikely that they could have come back from three down.

Lewis Moore saved well from Freeman, and a minute later made another good save, this time from Cooper.

With twenty minutes left, Hornchurch pulled a goal back, when James Morrish and Thompson combined well, and David Knight was ideally placed to meet the cross and fire powerfully into the net.

Knight went close to getting the equaliser when he moved on to a cross from Freeman, but his shot cannoned back off a packed defence.

Agombar sent a hard free kick a fraction too high and over the bar and a minute later he was replaced by Ayrton Coley, but there was action at the other end when Mott made two good saves in quick succession, although he was fortunate when a hard short from the left hit the far post and came back out.

Lewis saved well from Morrish, and JJ Da Cruz came on for Styles as Hornchurch threw players forward.

JJ gave the visitors some worrying moments, and two minutes from time Hornchurch drew level. Ayrton Coley beat two defenders on the left close to the corner flag, and pulled the ball back into the middle for Ricky Freeman to shoot through a host of defenders and into the net.

Thompson almost grabbed the winning goal in the second minute of stoppage time with a fine solo run, but his shot was narrowly wide of the post.

In the final minute Mott made another good save to deny Brentwood the winning goal.




Bridge Avenue
Bridge Ave, Upminster, Essex RM14 2LX, UK
buy cialis or generic tadalafil