Urchins Logo

Net Banner

home of the mighty urchins
Ryman Logo
SEASON 2008/09

SEASON 2008/09

Ryman League - Premier Division
Sunday 29th March 2009
Tonbridge Angels
1 - 2
AFC Hornchurch
Haule 64
H/T 0 - 1 Att.: 245
Parker 9, Kirby (og) 51

Match Synopsis
AFC Hornchurch
Goal: Parker
Booking: MacLaren
Goal: Kirby (og)
Sub: Haule for Garner
Sub: Dyer for Burgess
Goal: Haule
Sub: Spencer for Barnard
Sub: Wall for Parker

Match Report by Tony Middleton 

There is something about the Isthmian League in March – no home matches for a start. But you go to Wealdstone and end up at Ruislip, got to Maidstone and end up at Sittingbourne, go to Hendon on a Saturday and end up at Brent Cross, go the next day and end up at Wembley. When you get to the Vale Farm complex, you find a large car park and a completely locked ground to the rear. Amble around the complex, head back to the main road, follow a sign that reads Vale Farm Nursery, and suddenly you are confronted with a sign that says Wembley FC , and in you go. Could someone put some proper signs up please?

No Elliot, no Kris, both out injured. Mark Goodfellow and Frankie Curley came back into the starting line up. No tannoy either. Despite there being a match at Wembley yesterday the pitch was in very good condition, and when Hendon moved to Wembley they left their slope behind at Claremont Road – along with most of their supporters, who were heavily outnumbered by followers of the real HFC, plus quite a lot of groundhoppers, (people who go to a ground once only and then spend half the time looking at railway and bus timetables, and the rest of the time talking about where they were last week.) And of course Peter Butcher was there. The away section of the directors’ box was markedly different, and the word AWAY had been put on back to front and read YAWA. Peter Butcher assures us that it does not stand for the Young Asian Womens Association.

Hendon began well, kicking what would have been down the slope had it been at Claremont Road, and Jim McFarlane had to clear a dangerous looking cross by Collins in the first few seconds, which was followed by an exchange of passes between Hunt and Collins, which Donny Barnard broke up. A good pass by Frank Curley went nowhere as the flag went up for offside, and a Mark Goodfellow ball almost put Simon Parker through, Simon made ground on the right and crossed, and keeper Viner cleared upfield. The ball waas promptly won by Dean Green, who played it though to SIMON PARKER, who beat Viner to the ball and Urchins were one up after nine minutes. Simon opened up the defence three minutes later with a good run, which won a corner, and Viner held Tomlinson’s swerving kick. Viner, in good form, saved from Mark Janney, before Hendon began to press forward again.

Darren Behcet did well to hold a deep cross from the right by Dean, the ball dipping dangerously towards the far post, John Purdie headed away a Dean free kick, and a long pass from Vargas found Hunt, who turned sharply and hit the ball inches wide of the post. Billy Coyne came to the rescue when a swerving left wing cross appeared to be heading into the goal and from the corner McFarlane hammered the ball away.

Urchins then came forward, Coyne to Parker, a jinking run past two defenders and a shot which Viner turned out for a corner. Viner caught Tomlinson’s corner, but Barnard intercepted the clearance, raced down the right, but put his centre too far forward and it dropped behind the goal. Hendon surged back, and Behcet mistimed his catch when Collins floated a corner over, the ball bobbing away to the left where it was returned into the goalmouth, and Kirby’s header was goalbound until Behcet dived across to save at full stretch, for another corner, which Dean took and put the ball behind the goal for a goal kick. Urchins could have scored in the last minute of the first half when Goodfellow found Green, who slotted the ball through to Simon Parker. Simon ran in towards goal and although his shot beat Viner, the ball skimmed wide of the far post.

Second half and the sun is shining, but Hendon start strongly and win a corner. MacLaren floated the ball across, the ball was part cleared by Curley and returned to Collins, who hit his shot wide. Five minutes into the second half, and BILLY COYNE made ground on the left, looked up, and then pumped the ball deep into a packed goalmouth, where both Parker and Green were waiting, as were James Parker and MARK KIRBY, whose attempt at keeping the ball out only helped it into the net. Hendon continued to come forward, Collins saw his shot bobble wide, and at the other end Dean Green almost found the net, only for Viner to save at his feet. Collins again went close, with a shot from the edge of the area, and Urchins looked dangerous when Curley found Parker, who send Barnard away, before Vargas cleared. Hendon brought on two substitutes, and within seconds had pulled a goal back when BRIAN HAULE finished off what was becoming something of a goalmouth scramble after a free kick had not been cleared properly. Hendon went close when Hunt ran through, and Behcet saved and it was Behcet again, saving well from Busby. Michael Spencer came on, with Billy Coyne moving over to the right side, and Ross Wall replaced Simon Parker up front. Behcet dealt with another corner, and Dean Green neatly slid a pass out to Mark Janney, and ran through and saw his goalbound shot blocked by a defender. Tomlinson then combined with Ross Wall , and Ross did well to take the ball around two defenders, and his shot was turned around the post by Viner. Janney took the corner but the ball was cleared comfortably. In the fourth minute of stoppage time, a Hendon player (anonymity respected to save acute embarrassment) headed high over an open goal and in the final final minute, keeper Viner came up for a corner, which Darren Behcet promptly caught, but could not get the required power and direction to pump it back towards the totally empty Hendon goal.

Video Clips by Rob Monger

Team Line Ups
AFC Hornchurch
William Viner
Darren Behcet
James Burgess
Donny Barnard
Craig Vargas
Billy Coyne
Mark Kirby
John Purdie (c)
James Parker (c)
Jim McFarlane
Jamie Busby
Andy Tomlinson
Kevin MacLaren
Mark Goodfellow
Glenn Garner
Mark Janney
Peter Dean
Dean Green
Harry Hunt
Simon Parker
Sam Collins
Frankie Curley
Subs.   Subs.
Brian Haule
Jason Willis
Marc Leach
Ross Wall
Danny Dyer
Michael Spencer
Lubomir Guentchev
Jon Green
James Bent
Jamie Salmon

Weather Conditions: 10 Degs. C., Cloudy, Wind Speed = 5 mph
Match Officials: Referee - Mr. D. Keen, Assistants - Mr. P. O'Hare and Mr. E. Moore
Match duration: F/H 45 mins. 01 secs., S/H 48 mins. 53 secs.

Ashford Town
Billericay Town
Ryman Prem Table
Boreham Wood
Tour of The Bridge
Canvey Island
Isthmian Logo
Carshalton Athletic
Radio Urchins
Dover Athletic
Harlow Town
How to Find Us
Harrow Borough
Essex Senior Cup
Hastings United
Player Profiles
Heybridge Swifts
FA Badge
Player Sponsorship
Contact Us
Maidstone United
Fans Forum
Staines Town
Capital League
Sutton United
Tonbridge Angels
Tooting & Mitcham
Ryman League
Ryman Bulletin
Capital League
The F.A.
Tony Kempster
Essex F.A.
Non League Daily
BBC Sport
Sky Sports
Isthmian Forum
Football Mitoo
ELE Junior Football
Ryman Vidiprinter
Pre 2007 ARCHIVE
Ryman Premier
Home Page
League Table
Form Guide
League Progress
Match Grid
Blount Shutters Blount Shutters
All images and photographs used on this site are copyright of their respective owners and may not be used or copied without prior consent. All views and opinions expressed on this site are those of their respective author(s) and not necessarily the views or opinions of AFC Hornchurch.
buy cialis or generic tadalafil