Net Banner

home of the mighty urchins
Ryman Logo
...Click HERE for Home Page

Ryman League - Premier Division
Monday 29th August 2011
Lowestoft Town
2 - 1
AFC Hornchurch
Nolan 64, Guentchev 90+6
H/T 0 - 0 Att.: 727
Gayle 74

Goals & Substitutions
Lowestoft Town
AFC Hornchurch
Booking: Smith
Booking: Francis
Sub.: Nolan for Forbes
Sub.: Guentchev for Forshaw
Sub.: Smith for Hunt
GOAL: Nolan
Sub.: Tuohy for Flack
GOAL: Gayle
Sub.: Henderson for Francis
Sub.: Fletcher for Gayle
Booking: Glover
GOAL: Guentchev

Match Report by Tony Middleton

Hornchurch were without Darren Behcet, and signed Kelvin Jackto step into the goalkeeping position. With Tommy Black on holiday, and Michael Spencer injured, new signing Joe Anderson took over at left back. Jo Flack and Aaron Gayle started up front.

Kelvin Jack has played 33 times for Trinidad and Tobago. He played for a number of clubs in Trinidad and Tobago – Trincity Utd 1994-96, Joe Public Eastern Lions 1997, Yavapai Roughriders 1997-98, CU Rams 1999, Doc’s Khelwalaas 1999-200 (40 apps), W Connection 2000, San Juan Jabloteh 2001-03 (49), Reading 2004, Dundee 2004-06 (16 apps), Gillingham 2006-08 (9 apps), Southend Utd 2010, Darlington 2010-11, Kettering Town (loan - 9 apps).

Joe Anderson started with Chelsea at youth level in 2005-06, and was with Fulham from 2006 to 2010, where he progressed to their reserve team, and was loaned out to Woking during the second half of the 2008–09 season. Joe made his first team debut for Fulham on 23 September 2009 in a 2–1 League Cup defeat at Eastlands against Manchester City. He was five times an unused substitute for Fulham's Europa League group matches. In December 2009 he joined Lincoln City on a permanent deal. In February 2011he trained with Grimsby Town ahead of a potential loan move, but remained with Lincoln City. He was released at the end of the 2010-11 season when Lincoln were relegated. Appearances – Fulham (1 / 0), Woking 2009 (loan) (14 / 1 goal), Lincoln City (38 / 0)

Lowestoft’s ground is in a rabbit warren of streets, many with residents’ parking schemes in operation, so finding a legal parking place was difficult. The town itself was not what one would expect on a bank holiday – next to nothing was open, and it was almost impossible to spend anything in the town – in fact the closest I came to spending anything was when one of the local beggars came up to me asking for money. Inside the ground the food was over-priced and under-heated. There is very little cover on the ground, but the old stand is a classic, though the steps are so steep that some of our supporters struggled to climb up them. On the plus side, one of our supporters, Rob Burgess, beat the Suffolk number two at darts.

In front of a hostile crowd, Hornchurch kicked into a strong wind and almost opened the scoring when Dave McSweeney’s long lob almost caught keeper Andy Reynolds off his line. Lowestoft, tipped by many to storm into the Conference South, made their first sortie when Michael Frew chased a long ball, but Elliot Styles shielded it out for a goal kick.
The first controversial incident of the match soon followed when Jon Hunt exchanged passes with Jo Flack, and carried on at speed into the area, where Jon was promptly chopped down. The referee allowed play to continue to the anger of the 150 Hornchurch supporters at that end of the ground. Tambeson Eyong then played a good ball to Hunt who crossed to Simon Glover, whose shot was well saved by Reynolds. Reiss Noel made two interceptions, whilst Michael Frew rounded Elliot Styles but hit his shot high over the bar.
McSweeney and Jo Flack combined to set up Frankie Curley, whose shot was saved by Reynolds, and a highly impressive Joe Anderson sent Jo Flack away, but the flag went up for offside. Tambeson Eyong was in unstoppable form, but was stopped illegally in full flight by Adam Smith who escaped with just a yellow card.
Hornchurch should have opened the scoring when Jon Hunt raced through from the left, and was scythed down. No card was waved, but the penalty was never in doubt. Jon Hunt stepped up to take the kick, and Reynolds dived to his left to save. It still looked a certain goal as Aaron Gayle followed up, but he scooped the ball wide of the post. And a minute later Eyong sent Flack away, and Jo was scythed down inside the area, but the referee took no action.

Lowestoft had still not managed a direct shot on goal, but looked dangerous when Frew and Joe Francis combined, but Noel tackled well to concede a corner. Smith sent the ball over and Curley cleared. Gayle sent Flack clear again, and this time it was Sam Gaughran who intercepted. Tambeson, in excellent form, then touched a neat pass to Anderson, whose shot was saved in fine style by Reynolds, to tip the ball around the post. Hunt’s corner was cleared and then Hunt was dispossessed, and Andrew Fisk put in a good shot which Kelvin Jack tipped around the post. Smith took the corner and Styles cleared.

Lowestoft started strongly in the second half and Noel twice cleared, first from Adrian Forbes and then from Jamie Forshaw. McSweeney conceded a free kick on the edge of the area but Smith’s shot cannoned off the wall of defenders. Glover and Hunt exchanged passes, before Hunt sent Tambeson away and Reynolds made another good save to keep Tam’s shot out.

Joe Francis became the second home player to be booked – needless to say it was Tambeson who was on the receiving end of the somewhat late tackle – and Curley headed inches over from Hunt’s free kick. Until now Lowestoft had only managed one shot on target, but they almost scored when Frew headed the ball over Jack, and it hit the post before being cleared by McSweeney.

Lewis Smith came on for Jon Hunt, to the relief of the home supporters, who had seen Hunt tear their defence apart time and again with his pinpoint passing. And Lewis almost scored within ten seconds of coming on, when he raced through the centre, only for keeper Reynolds to make and excellent save to touch the ball over the bar. And it was Lewis Smith’s corner which then led to the opening goal, for the ball was cleared upfield, and MATT NOLAN, himself just on the pitch a few minutes previously, hammered the ball home from outside the area.

Lubo Guentchev then won a corner which he took himself and which was cleared by Reiss Noel. Martin Tuohy came on for Jo Flack and Hornchurch pounded the home goal. Eyong sent over a good cross for Gayle, but Reynolds again saved well, to concede a corner. Lewis Smith sent the ball over and Styles went close. With Hornchurch totally in command, and roared on by the 150 behind the goal, not to mention those sat in the stand, they equalised with a classic goal. Tambeson the Terror started it, linking with Lewis Smith, to play the ball out to Joe Anderson. Back to Tambeson, who almost lost the ball, but Frankie Curley regained possession with a tackle which was in the Norman Hunter – Chopper Harris mould, and Frankie played the ball to Anderson, back to Smith and back again to Anderson, who crossed into the middle where AARON GAYLE glanced the ball home.
Elliot Styles headed over from Lewis Smith’s cross, and then Ronnie Fletcher came on for Aaron Gayle. The referee signalled five minutes for stoppages, and in the fifth of those minutes Simon Glover was booked for a challenge just inside the home half. The free kick was punted into the area, the ball was only partially cleared and LUBO GUENTCHEV prodded the ball home.

The final whistle went as soon as Hornchurch restrted the match. Unquestionably it was three points lost, but a very impressive display, with new signing Joe Anderson totally outstanding, and Tambeson not too far behind.

Video Clips by Rob Monger
Matt Nolan gives Lowestoft the lead
Aaron Gayle heads in our equaliser
Lubo Guentchev wins it for Lowestoft with the last kick of the game

Team Line Ups
Lowestoft Town
AFC Hornchurch
Andy Reynolds
Kelvin Jack
Erkan Okay
Dave McSweeney
Adam Smith (c)
Joe Anderson
Stuart Ainsley
Elliot Styles (c)
Scott Mitchell
Reiss Noel
Sam Gaughran
Simon Glover
Adrian Forbes
Tambeson Eyong
Andrew Fisk
Frankie Curley
Jamie Forshaw
Jo Flack
Michael Frew
Aaron Gayle
Joe Francis
Jonathan Hunt
Lubo Guentchev
Martin Tuohy
Matt Nolan
Lewis Smith
Chris Henderson
Ronnie Fletcher
Andrew Cave-Brown
Dave Collis
Jamie Godbold
Ashley Taylor-Forbes

Weather Conditions:  18 Degs. C.
Match Officials: Referee - Mr. S. Franklin, Assistants - Mr. M. Coxall and Mr. P. Quick
Match duration: F/H 48 mins. 00 secs., S/H 51 mins. 00 secs.

All images and photographs used on this site are copyright of their respective owners and may not be used or copied without prior consent.
All views and opinions expressed on this site are those of their respective author(s) and not necessarily the views or opinions of AFC Hornchurch.
buy cialis or generic tadalafil