Net Banner

home of the mighty urchins
Ryman Logo
...Click HERE for Home Page

Pre-Season Friendly
Saturday 30th July 2011
Harlow Town
0 - 2
AFC Hornchurch
H/T 0 - 0 Att.: 71
Smith 50, Gayle 86

Match Report by Tony Middleton

HT – Adam Rafis (Ashley Harris HT) – Lemar Luminous (Lee Gledhill HT) – Jack Haverson (Donny Barnard 50) – Ryan Kirby – Leon Lalite – Danny Brown – Steve Ferguson – Jon Docker (Mark Taylor HT) – Lee Roache (Max Mitchell HT) – James Bunn (Rhys Henry 50) – Luke Marshall (James Peagram 41)

HFC – Darren Behcet – Dave McSweeney – Michael Spencer – Reiss Noel – Elliot Styles – Simon Glover (Ronnie Fletcher 73) – Ashley Taylor-Forbes (Aaron Gayle 78) – Lewis Smith (Maharaj Lal Bulu 81) – Jo Flack (Tommy Black 60) – Martin Tuohy (Jon Hunt 51) – Tambeson Eyong (Riba 85)

Scorers – Lewis Smith 50 – Aaron Gayle 86
Attendance 71
Bookings – none
Weather – 22 degrees, sunny
Officials – G Evetts with S Bates and J Latham

Frankie Curley was not available for selection, and Dave Collis is out with an ankle injury. Hornchurch came under some pressure in the last fifteen minutes of the first half, but the home side did not manage a single shot on target, their best and only shot coming from Jon Docker, whose shot from the edge of the area went over the bar shortly before half time. Hornchurch went close in the first half with good attempts from Martin Tuohy and Jo Flack, whose lobbed shot on the turn from the edge of the area dropped just over the bar. Tambeson Eyong made some good runs on the right, whilst Ashley Taylor-Forbes was dangerous on the left.

Tambeson Eyong started the move which led to the opening goal when he raced through the centre and was scythed down two yards inside the area. The referee promptly pointed to the spot, and then inexplicably awarded a free kick two yards outside the area, to the obvious relief of the home side, who lined up ten players in the wall. LEWIS SMITH calmly stepped up and hammered the ball low around the wall and into the net.

Jon Hunt came on and immediately stamped his authority on the match, with a series of long passes which completely demoralised the home side. Taylor-Forbes shot narrowly wide from one of Hunt’s perfectly timed crosses, and Aaron Gayle almost scored within seconds of coming on, when he ran on to Hunt’s pass, but flicked his shot a fraction too high over the keeper.

The second goal stemmed from Hunt’s fifty yard upfield pass to AARON GAYLE< who ran forward, enticed keeper Ashley Harris off his line, and then neatly slotted the ball home from a narrow angle.

So Hornchurch finished their tour of the Isthmian League North with a comfortable win over Harlow Town, making it four wins and eight goals, with none conceded. In those four matches, Darren Behcet has had only two direct shots to save.

Video Clips by Rob Monger
Lewis Smith opens the scoring
Aaron Gayle makes it 2-0

All images and photographs used on this site are copyright of their respective owners and may not be used or copied without prior consent.
All views and opinions expressed on this site are those of their respective author(s) and not necessarily the views or opinions of AFC Hornchurch.
buy cialis or generic tadalafil