Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2006-07 Season / 2006-07 Results / Match Report

Ryman League Division One North
Saturday 23rd December 2006
AFC Hornchurch 2 - 1 Ware
S Parker 48', McFarlane 64' H/T 0-1
Crawford 38'

Match Highlights
AFC Hornchurch    Ware
38 GOAL - Crawford
  45+2 BOOKED - Berry
S Parker - GOAL 48  
  59 BOOKED - Horley
  62 BOOKED - Crawford
McFarlane - GOAL 64  
  64 OFF - Crawford
ON - Stevens
S Parker - OFF
Foyewa -ON
Southon - OFF
Styles - ON

Match Report by Tony Middleton

‘Twas two days before Xmas and the ground was deserted – yes, Max was playing his Xmas records and the majority of the crowd stayed outside or in the bar until he stopped. An unchanged line up, and despite the time of year, despite Max’s Xmas special, despite the lack of away support, it was an above average attendance.

With latecomers still pouring into the ground Urchins got off to a powerful start when Parker turned in midfield and played a pin point pass out to Janney on the right, only for the ball to bobble as Mark fired in his shot, which beat the keeper and then went inches wide of the upright. Then it was Southon, chipping the ball onwards to Kris Lee who powered in on goal and his vicious shot was well saved by Anstead. With Urchins dominant Berry did well to head out a Cross cross for a corner which Janney took, and McFarlane’s header was gathered by an already overworked Anstead. Yet another chance to go ahead came when Cross played an excellent pass out to Janney and he sent the ball low into the goalmouth where Simon Parker beat Anstead and then saw the ball rebound off the post. It could so easily have been three up inside the first few minutes and the pressure was maintained. Glozier’s cross found Tomlinson and he played the ball up to Lee whose shot was well saved by Anstead. A Tomlinson corner was headed away by Wolf and then Janney went streaking through the defence, only to be scythed down. The referee looked at the linesman, the linesman looked at the referee, and a goal kick was given instead of what appeared to be a blatant penalty. Kris Lee was sent clear by Tomlinson and his run ended when Anstead raced out to the edge of the area to save, sending Lee tumbling in the process. There was a long hold up when Jamie Southon and Jason Coughlan were treated following a collision, and then Ware began to find some poise in defence, and an excellent turn by Ellerbeck sent Horley away. Brightly came out to narrow the angle and he turned the shot away for a corner which Burton took and Ellerbeck blazed the ball so high over the bar that reports of low flying aircraft were received at Heathrow – obviously they were not BA aircraft. ‘How high do you want the goal’ sang the Eastside. Urchins were no longer enjoying the territorial advantage of the first quarter although Tomlinson created a great opening for Lee on the left, Wolf doing well to tackle to concede the corner, which Janney took and Anstead held the swerving ball under the bar. Ware took the lead with a magnificent goal – at least it would have been a magnificent goal had Urchins scored it – a long ball was played into the middle and ANDY CRAWFORD scored with a spectacular overhead chip.

Urchins were behind and for the rest of the half they failed to make any impression on the away defence. Things got worst during the interval when Max put on more of his Xmas records and worst still, told his favourite Xmas jokes, But when Ware came out early onto the pitch for the second half, Max turned up trumps, but putting on the most excruciating record ever – Ware were still reeling from the shock when Urchins levelled the score. Tomlinson to Glozier, over it came, Lee headed on and SIMON PARKER nodded home. One one and everyone happy.

Back came Ware, Bostock tackling to concede a corner, which Burton took and Birghtly punched away, Purdie played the ball up to Parker and he was chopped down. From the free kick Lee headed on to Cross whose hard first time drive was hooked off the line for a corner, which Janney took and McFarlane just failed to reach. It was Brightly to the rescue with an incredible tip over from a 40 yard dipping free kick which looked a certain goal, whist at the other end Anstead held a hard Lee shot under the bar. A corner from Burton was headed away but McFarlane and thence up to Lee, whose run and shot went close, but not close enough. Back came Ware and Horley made a good run which ended when Purdie intercepted for a corner, with McFalane heading the swerving corner away. Horley was then booked for kicking the ball away and Crawford followed shortly after for a similar offence. Parker won the ball in midfield, out to Lee, whose cross was headed out by Rose for a corner, and Janney’s corner was headed home by JIM McFARLANE. ‘One up and you messed it up’ sang the Eastside (edited version), but Ware are one of the best teams to visit this season, and they were by no means lacking in skill. Berry brought a good save from Brightly and Woods went off on a solo run on the left, and turned the ball back to Rose whose cross was blocked by Bostock at the expense of a corner. Burton floated the ball over, it was headed back across goal and Purdie cleared upfield to Amos, who went streaking away on the left wing, unfortunately leaving the rest of the team trailing in his wake and there was no one up there to take the cross. Lee hit a shot wide from Janney’s cross, and Styles cleared from Horley, with Purdie repeating the performance shortly afterwards. Ware used Sam Rose to good advantage, his long throws frequently causing concern in the home defence, but from one of these Brightly cleared up to Foyewa and he again sped up the left, and this time Lee got onto the end of the cross, only for Anstead to make an excellent save. Another long throw from Rose was headed out by McFarlane and up came the entire Ware team, keeper as well. The resulting ball into the packed goalmouth came to nothing as Brightly go there first, and three more points were gratefully received.

Video clips by Rob Monger
- 38mins. Ware's Andy Crawford scores a terrific opening goal
- 48mins. Simon Parker heads in an early second half equaliser
- 64mins. Jim McFarlane scores the winner
Post match interview with Garry Cross
A Christmas message from the Urchinettes


AFC Hornchurch
Dale Brightly
Jordan Bostock
Danny Glozier
John Purdie (c)
Jim McFarlane
Andy Tomlinson
Garry Cross
Mark Janney
Kris Lee
Simon Parker
Jamie Southon
Amos Foyewa
Ainsley Gasper
Elliot Styles
Ron Fletcher
Dave Sadler
Anthony Anstead
Dave Blower
Sam Rose
Danny Wolf (c)
Jason Coughlan
Danny Gudgeon
Sam Berry
Chris Ellerbeck
Steve Horley
Paul Burton
Andy Crawford
Daniel Bradford
Kai Ramshaw
Craig Chadwick
Joe Stevens
Luke Woods

Man of the Match
Nominated by Gary Anderson

Jim McFarlane

Weather Conditions:  5 degrees - dull and gloomy - wind speed zero

Match Officials: L Nunes with J Kelly and E Kaye

Match duration: First half 47mins 19secs. Second half 48mins 19secs

Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil