Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2006-07 Season / 2006-07 Results / Match Report

Ryman League Division One North
Saturday 16th December 2006
Ilford 1 - 6 AFC Hornchurch
Anthonh Church 40' H/T 0-0
Att: 192
Lee 10' 18', S Parker 29' 35'
Collins 67', Foyewa 79'

Match Highlights
Ilford   AFC Hornchurch
10 GOAL - Lee
18 GOAL - Lee
29 GOAL - S Parker
35 GOAL - S Parker
A Church - GOAL 40  
Riley - BOOKED 45  
Ladega - OFF
M Church - ON
Vincent - OFF
Gillingham - ON
  52 OFF - Southon
ON - Foyewa
OFF - S Parker
ON - Collins
67 GOAL - Collins
Sukri - OFF
Katalanu - ON
  73 OFF - Bostock
ON - Fletcher
Clarke - BOOKED 77  
  79 GOAL - Foyewa

Match Report by Tony Middleton

A nice easy run to Ilford – easy? It took 40 minutes to do the last three miles in very heavy traffic - it was quicker to walk. The pay and display car park did not operate at weekends, so free parking. A woodpecker drummed happily outside, a squirrel roamed the fencing, and a large fox patrolled inside. Nice stand, excellent terracing, terrible pitch, awful floodlights. Simon Parker and Jamie Southon returned to the starting line up. Billy Crowther was a welcome spectator, having been released from hospital after his head injury two days earlier.

With the crowd still pouring into the stadium, Urchins almost scored in the first ten seconds, the ball cannoning back off a post, bouncing along the line and then being played back to lee whose cross was tipped over by Sam Long, 17 years old and previously having played for Essex B. With the Urchins buzzing around his goal and with a less than composed defence in front of him, he was in frequent action. Over came Janney’s corner, onto the roof of the net. Janney took up the running on the left, sending a good pass out to Tomlinson, whose centre cum shot was tipped over by Long, whilst at the other end McHale made ground and he squared the ball into the goalmouth where Purdie cleared. A Janney free kick found Tomlinson and his cross reached Lee, with Taylor doing well to tackle and clear. Pressure mounted, the fox on the touchline got excited, and Parker volleyed in a shot which Long tipped out for a corner. Tomlinson floated the ball over, Ladega headed out as McFarlane homed in, for another corner, and Tomlinson again, this time finding Lee who touched out to Southon, who played the ball back into the goalmouth, the ball being headed off the line but only to KRIS LEE who sent 150 Urchins into ecstasy.

A Janney corner was headed inches over by McFarlane, and Simon Parker ran clear, having won the ball in midfield, his lobbed shot being well saved by Long. The second goal followed when Simon Parker won the ball in midfield and he prodded his pass on to KRIS LEE who followed up to hammer the ball home, whilst the fox threw himself down, picked himself up, and exited, no doubt feeling hounded out.

But it was getting serious, who would update Sid? Uncle arrived, having been held up in the heavy traffic, and normal service was resumed. On the pitch, normal service had never stopped. McFarlane headed over from Janney’s corner, Parker’s solo sortie through the middle ended when Long saved well, and a slip by Taylor almost let in the alert Lee, who then won the ball, fed through to SIMON PARKER and he hammered home the third. Ilford were only rarely in the match as an attacking force, although a well hit free kick by Church was tipped over in style by Brightly. The fourth goal came when Lee took Glozier’s pass, sent Janney away, and Mark crossed into the middle where Southon headed back to SIMON PARKER who turned and hooked the ball home. Four nil, everyone happy, apart from the fox who had now disappeared.

A Janney cross found Lee, whose header brought an excellent save out of Long, and the Ilford were awarded a disputed free kick on the left side of the pitch, about 30 yards out, and ANTHONY CHURCH hit a low shot through the wall which took a slight deflection and ended up in the net. Almost on the interval, Riley was booked for a foul on Cross and Lee headed the free kick past Long, but onto the bar. Plenty to talk about at half time, especially for those in the queue at the tea bar, which, like the home defence, was being overwhelmed, with 160 Urchins present in a crowd which appeared larger than the official figure of 192. A fox hunt was started and the errant fox was found in the bar.

Almost a goal within seconds of the restart, Tomlinson’s free kick finding Parker, who was just wide. Then Cross to Janney, whose centre was flicked inches past the post by Lee, and Bostock sent a through pass to Lee, who touched on to Janney, and Parker just failed to reach the centre. Lee up to Tomlinson who was brought down for a penalty – only for the referee to wave play on, and then it was Parker through to Lee, who played the ball into the centre for Cross, whose hard shot hit the bar. Cross again, this time winning a corner, Janney taking a short return pass from Tomlinson and then cutting in and hitting his shot just wide. Ilford went close when Clarke’s shot was turned out by Glozier for a corner, which Riley took and McFarlane headed away. Collins and Amos came on, and Collins sent Janney away on a solo run and he chipped the keeper, the ball landing on the roof of the net. Foyewa was causing his usual havoc and won two corners in succession, with Collins swerving the ball in dangerously and Long saving well. Janney to Foyewa and Caxton hammered the ball high out the ground and into the cemetery where it was immediately returned, and from the throw Foyewa took up the running and Long tipped out for a corner. The kick was played short to DAVE COLLINS who spun around and crashed the ball into the net for the best goal of the match. All one way from now on. Tomlinson’s corner to Janney, and he was brought down on the edge of the area. Collins took the free kick, but almost decapitated a Santa on the houses behind the goal. A good run by Lee saw Kris centre to Amos Foyewa who hammered his shot against the bar, Long managing to turn the rebound out for a corner.

Then it was Foyewa again, his solo dribble beating three players, but he could not get in his shot on the bumpy ground, where the ruts were so deep that they cast their own shadows. McFarlane, up with the forwards, went close with a hooked shot from Collins’ cross, and then yet another spectacular goal, when AMOS FOYEWA went solo and finished off with a shot from the edge of the area. Foyewa again, to Lee, on to Cross, whose shot was scrambled out, and Fletcher then played a long pass up to Foyewa who then found Lee, with Long saving yet again. Foyewa set off on a long run on the left, his centre reaching Lee, who narrowly missed with a spectacular overhead kick. A Janney run ended with a perfect pass to Foyewa and Amos crossed, where Church turned the ball out for a corner, and then followed two more corners, with Lee nearly scoring again as Urchins piled on the pressure.

Three more points, and five points clear at the top, with Harlow losing and Canvey moving into second position.

Video clips by Rob Monger
- 10mins. Kris Lee makes it 1-0
- 18mins. Kris Lee scores his second
- 29mins. Simon Parker gets his first....
- 35mins. ...then makes it 4-0
- 40mins. Ilford's Anthony Church pulls a goal back
- 67mins. Dave Collins restores the margin
- 79mins. Amos Foyewa completes the scoring
Post match interview with Amos Foyewa


Sam Long
Anthony Church
Danny Caxton
Benga Ladega
Ray Taylor (c)
Kevin Riley
Danny Vincent
Mehmet Sukri
Danny Clarke
Steve Baldwin
Robert McHare
Michael Church
Robert Kasanga
Mark Booby
Matthew Gillingham
Oliver Katalanu
AFC Hornchurch
Dale Brightly
Jordan Bostock
Danny Glozier
John Purdie (c)
Jim McFarlane
Andy Tomlinson
Garry Cross
Mark Janney
Kris Lee
Simon Parker
Jamie Southon
Ainsley Gasper
Amos Foyewa
Elliot Styles
Ron Fletcher
Dave Collins

Man of the Match
Nominated by ...

Weather Conditions:  10 degrees and sunny at start, 5 degrees and clear at finish. Wind speed 8mph.

Match Duration: First half 47mins 1sec. Second half 46mins 15secs

Match Officials: W Smeulders with D Woolf and M Wise

Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil