Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2006-07 Season / 2006-07 Results / Match Report

Ryman League Division One North
Tuesday 28th November 2006
AFC Hornchurch 2 - 0 Potters Bar Town
Foyewa 61', Cross 70' H/T 0-0

Match Highlights
AFC Hornchurch   Potters Bar Town
S Parker - OFF
Foyewa - ON
Foyewa - GOAL 61  
  68 OFF - Harding
ON - Moxon
Cross - GOAL 70  
  76 BOOKED - Harris
Lee - OFF
Sadler - ON
78 OFF - Johnson
ON - Black
  82 OFF - Talbot
ON - Charge
Tomlinson - OFF
Collins - ON

Match Report by Tony Middleton

The only change to the starting line up was Ron Fletcher for the John Purdie who was unable to play following an injury at Witham. Potters Bar are near the foot of the league, but their play suggested that they will rise up the table. They started strongly, and when Talbot fed a good pass out to Hunter, his shot was wide but too close for comfort. A minute later it was Talbot again making the running, and McFarlane did well to put the cross out for a corner, which Talbot took and the ball was headed back across goal to Winger whose header was just over the bar. Winger then sent a good pass out to Harding who cut inside and hit the side netting. Brightly saved well from Fanuibuyan, and then a centre from the ever dangerous Harding was met with a good header by Winger which Brightly touched over for another corner, which Talbot curled into the goalmouth and Fletcher headed away, and McFarlane hit a long pass up to Cross, who played a first time pass out to Janney, who made ground, returned the ball to Cross, whose shot was skied high over the bar.

In just ten minutes though Potters Bar had put in more shots on goal than the opposition had done in the last two matches combined. And they were looking dangerous. And they continued to do so when Hunter gained possession and won a corner, Fletcher tackling, and Talbot’s kick was headed away by Bostock. At last Urchins began to pick up the pace, Styles setting up Janney and taking the return pass, Elliot’s centre being headed into the side netting by Kris Lee. Two successive passes from Parker were intercepted, the first heading for Janney and the second aimed towards Cross, and it began to look as though Mark Janney was taking on the defence on his own with a series of right wing runs, only to be confronted with a nine man defence. Janney almost put Lee through, but James managed to get to the ball just in time, and then James set off on a long run upfield before passing to Fanibuyan who just failed to reach the cross. Bostock exchanged passes with Janney, and Lee headed just over from the centre, and a Glozier free kick was held by Hayward as Lee closed in. Ledger headed away from a Janney cross, and then it was Parker to Janney – who else? – and he won a corner, taken by Andy Tomlinson, and clutched under the bar by Hayward.

Brightly did the same at the other end, from Harding’s corner, and then Parker sent Janney clear, with Talbot coming back to tackle. Almost on half time a free kick from Talbot was headed against the post, and although Max put on his favourite Proclaimers record at the interval, a goal seemed 500 miles away, with a the Urchins for once playing second best in the first half performance. And this was one they had to win, given that there were Canvey supporters in the crowd. And a very happy Eastside walked off with the £80 winning jackpot.

Second half, no changes, but a much more determined Urchins. Janney, non stop as usual, won a loose ball and powered down the wing, his centre being deflected for a corner, but back came Potter Bar to win a corner of their own, which proved to be their last attack for some time, as Urchins turned up the pressure, but still did not look like penetrating the packed defence, until Amos Foyewa came on to add some width and running to the forward line. Twice inside a minute Amos sped along the right, but then moved into the middle and let Lee make the running instead, and from the resulting Kris cross, AMOS FOYEWA stroked the ball home. One nil and more looked likely.

Janney made the pace on the right, over came the ball and Lee forced Hayward into a good save, then it was Lee again, cutting in from the wing and shooting narrowly over the bar. Cross fired across goal, no one was there to poke home, and then Harding raced away upfield and won a corner, but was almost immediately substituted, much to the relief of the East Side. A long upfield ball saw Hayward having to race out of his area to kick clear from Foyewa, and then it was two – Janney’s free kick, up rises McFarlane to nod back across goal and GARRY CROSS finished the move off. At the other end McFarlane headed out from Talbut’s well flighted free kick, but this proved to be the last goal attempt by the visitors, as Urchins dictated the remainder of the match. Cross laid a pass back to Foyewa, whose shot was just too high, and then Foyewa chipped the ball over Harris, who pulled him back as he homed in on goal. The referee’s yellow card was scant reward for what could well have resulted in another goal, but Tomlinson’s shot free kick to Janney saw Mark fire in a vicious shot which Hayward just fingertipped around the post. On came Dave Sadler to add his own brand of sheer skill to the attack, and Sadler shot just wide after Glozier and Foyewa had combined to set him up with a shooting chance. Cross chipped the ball over Harris and then ran on to his own pass, with Hayward once again tipping the shot over. Collins came on for the last few minutes and his first touch found Foyewa whose shot cum cross went across the goal. There was just time for Max to announce that Andy Tomlinson was named player of the match by the Riverside, when the final whistle went, leaving Urchins TOP OF THE TABLE.

Video clips by Rob Monger
- 61mins. Amos Foyewa nets after great work from Kris Lee
- 70mins. Garry Cross makes it 2-0


AFC Hornchurch
Dale Brightly
Ron Fletcher
Danny Glozier
Jordan Bostock
Jim McFarlane (c)
Andy Tomlinson
Garry Cross
Mark Janney
Kris Lee
Simon Parker
Elliot Styles
Amos Foyewa
Ainsley Gasper
Dave Collins
Jamie Southon
Dave Sadler
Potters Bar Town
Richard Hayward
Michael Sharman
Dickie James
Ryan Harris (c)
Sam Ledger
Curtis Johnson
Gabriel Fanibuyan
Nicky Winger
Jermaine Hunter
Daniel Talbot
Dean Harding
Charlie Moxon
Michael Black
Danny Charge
Richard Howard
Phil Turner

Man of the Match
Nominated by The Riverside

Andy Tomlinson

Weather Conditions:  7 degrees, clear, wind speed zero

Match Officials: Wade Norcott with Mark Spradbury and Oliver Rodriguez

Match duration: First half 46mins 11secs. Second half 47mins 50secs

Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil