Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2005-06 Season / 2005-06 Results / Match Report

Westview Essex Senior League
Saturday 25th March 2006
AFC Hornchurch 3 - 3 Concord Rangers  
King 5', N Cowley 29', Hayes 39' H/T 3-0
Att: 306
Read 80' 85', Gillam 92'

Match Highlights
AFC Hornchurch   Concord Rangers
King - GOAL 5  
N Cowley - GOAL 29  
Hayes - GOAL 39  
  45 OFF - Johnson
ON - Clarke
OFF - Lee
ON - Baker
  69 OFF - Brown
ON - Collins
Heale - OFF
Drake - ON
Holland - OFF
Springer - ON
80 GOAL - Read
85 GOAL - Read
  90+2 GOAL - Gillam

Match Report by Tony Middeton

With three games in a very short time, several changes were made, Glen Golby, Nicky and Danny Cowley, Billy Holland and Danny Heale all returning to the starting line up. Urchins got off to a good start, Danny Cowley turning inside of Ing and slipping the ball to Nicky Cowley, who sidefooted to Holland, but his shot went high over the bar. Urchins took the lead in the fifth minute, after Craig Dennis had played a pass though to Danny Cowley on the centre mark, Danny pumped the ball upfield and Whiteley played the ball out for a throw in which went to Tiffin and he was fouled. Danny Heale and Danny Cowley both waited patiently for the referee to pace out ten yards, and then Danny Cowley flighted the ball into the middle where STEVE KING scored with a well placed header.

King got straight back into the action, sending a through pass to Holland who was brought down by Whiteley and this time it was Heale who took the free kick, hitting the ball hard into the wall. Heale followed up as the ball ran loose and Budd in goal raced out to kick clear for a throw. Glen Golby took one of his all too rare long throws and Holland back headed the ball goalwards where Budd made a good save. Danny Cowley was fouled by Whiteley and took the free kick himself, and although the ball was over 40 yards from goal the referee again was forced to pace out ten yards as two Concord players were reluctant to retreat. Danny’s free kick swerved goalwards and Budd saved right under the bar.

Another Danny Cowley free kick, over on the left touchline, saw King rise well but Budd punched clear. Paul Golby played a long ball up to Heale but Ing got there first, only for Holland to follow up and cross into the middle where Tiffin’s shot was blocked by Burton. Tiffin once again, and this time he made ground on the right wing and crossed the play to the other side to Matt Hayes. Whose first time low shot went narrowly wide of the post. Heale almost broke through but was fouled by Ing and Danny Cowley’s free kick was held by Budd. Glen Golby came up to take another long throw but instead threw the ball to Danny Cowley and his cross was over hit but headed back by Tiffin to Heale, and Heale put the ball back across goal where Holland came in at speed and hit the ball over the bar.

Hayes gave Tiffin and opening with an excellent pass, but Greg sliced his shot well wide, and then Heale made a lengthy run and then played the ball in to King but Gell won possession and was himself dispossessed by Glen Golby who touched the ball forward to Nicky Cowley who was brought down. Danny Cowley took the free kick but hit the ball into the wall.

At last, a break away by Concord, and very slack defending let Read through, with Collier having to come out sharply to save at his feet, but this was just a temporary halt to the non stop flow towards the other end. With Concord in complete disarray a sliced back pass was picked up by Budd and an indirect free kick awarded. Danny Cowley touched the ball sideways to NICKY COWLEY whose shot was right on target.

Nicky Cowley then won possession in midfield and slotted the ball through to Holland who touched it back to Danny Cowley and Danny’s first time shot hit Ing and rebounded out, but Nicky Cowley was quickly onto the loose ball taking it off of Collins and slipping a pass through to Holland, whose cross was headed away by Ing. Concord again broke away, Lee’s centre being shielded out of play by King with Gillam in close contention. Holland created an opening for Nicky Cowley, whose shot led to a loud appeal for hand ball, and then Nicky Cowley returned the compliment with an excellent pass to Holland, but Budd saved well. Holland had a run on the right stopped by a foul by Burton and Whiteley headed away from Danny Cowley’s free kick.

The third goal came when a long punt into the goalmouth led to mass confusion, as Budd did not call for the ball and it was headed away by Whiteley and played straight back by Tiffin. Keeper Budd dived to his right to keep the ball out, and Holland went for the ball, along with several other pairs of legs, and those belonging to MATT HAYES got there first to touch the ball home.

A free kick by Concord saw Ing dummy and allow Gillam to shoot but the ball came out off the wall, and just before half time Glen Golby won the ball from Whiteley and sent Holland clear, with Burton coming across to tackle. In the shop at half time, Tony continued to push his mugs, whilst many customers wanted to know if he intended to do what London APSA do, and start selling those hot things with the funny name. Others wanted to know if there was a coach going to the away match with Eton Manor.

Second half started as the rain came down and Michael Collier had to come way outside his area to dribble the ball away when Gillam was allowed far too much space. Tiffin send Hayes away along the wing with an excellent pass, and Matt’s low and hard cross into the goalmouth was cleared by Burton. Concord, with the wind and rain in their backs, again moved upfield and again Collier had to come right to the edge of the area to save from Gillam, but it was quickly back to normal, with Urchins moving forward time and again. Danny Cowley played a long pass out to Hayes on the left and his cross was headed away by Clarke, whilst another Danny Cowley run saw him flick a short pass to Nicky Cowley and thence to Holland, who prodded the ball past the outrushing Budd but around the post. A low shot from Danny Cowley was saved by Budd, whilst a free kick by Ing was saved by Collier at the other end.

Heale then won possession in midfield, and found Holland, who sidefooted to Hayes, and his shot came back off a defender and Holland quickly switched play to Paul Golby, and then Paul to Danny Cowley and back to Holland, with Whiteley eventually tackling on the edge of the area. Urchins must have wondered what was happening next, as a slow back pass by King to Collier saw Michael slice the ball out of play, but it was soon back down to the other end, Tiffin finding Nicky Cowley whose run ended in a corner, which Tiffin swerved over, Glen Golby rose well, but Whiteley headed out for a second corner, this time taken by Hayes, and Craig Dennis came up to head powerfully at goal, but his attempt was not on target. A Danny Cowley free kick was headed away by Whiteley and whilst Hayes then broke down the left and centred, with Heale connecting, but his shot was wide of the post. Danny Cowley, working non stop in midfield, then played a short pass to Nicky and who was promptly tripped up by Whiteley. Danny Heale took the free kick and Budd fumbled badly but no one could follow up and Brown cleared.

Billy Drake and Lee Springer came on, and Billy announced his arrival with a challenge on Collins just twenty seconds later. Then Hayes chipped goalwards, and Burton popped up to head out, whilst Springer found Danny Cowley and his cross to King saw King neatly play a pass to Drake who turned inside his marker and hit an excellent shot just wide. It was very one sided but Concord pulled a consolation goal back when CARL READ was allowed far too much space, no one attempted to tackle and he hit a long shot over Collier and into the net, the Concord team walking back to the centre knowing they were well beaten anyway.

Back at the other end King headed over from Tiffin’s corner and Drake put Springer away, and his long weaving run ended with a great shot which cannoned back off the post. Chances were going begging, and a move involving seven players, with Danny Cowley, King, Nicky Cowley, Paul and Glen Golby, and Dennis all exchanging passes ended with Paul Golby’s centre finding Springer, whose shot was scrambled away by Baker. Tiffin’s corner found Glen Golby, and his shot was blocked, and then a carelessly conceded corner at the Urchins end saw an unmarked CARL READ slot the ball home, the Concord team this time racing back to the middle. It should make an interesting last five minutes, said Jon the announcer – after all no one seriously expected Concord to score again. Urchins came forward, Drake and Springer had shots blocked and Tiffin played the ball straight back, and it went out of play. Concord nearly scored again, a cross from the left reaching Collins who hit a snap shot over the bar, and the rain turned into a right shower and CRAIG GILLAM scored in the second minute of stoppage time, and was promptly submerged by the rest of the team. Urchins had a chance to win the match when Danny Cowley flighted a free kick deep into the area, and Glen Golby’s shot hit the post, though the whistle went for an infringement, followed almost immediately by the final whistle.

Urchins are now unbeaten for 18 matches and must now travel to Bridge Avenue, Horchurch on Tuesday where they are away to Eton Manor.


Video Highlights by Rob Monger

- 5mins. Steve King heads in our first goal (380KB)
- 29mins  Nicky Cowley doubles our lead (310KB)
- 39mins. Matt Hayes puts us 3 up (610KB)
- 80mins. Carl Read pulls a goal back for the visitors....(420KB)
- 85mins. ...and another (420KB)
- 92mins. An injury time equaliser from Craig Gillam (560KB)
- Interview with supporter and lucky raffle winner Craig David (1.4MB)


AFC Hornchurch
Michael Collier
Greg Tiffin
Paul Golby
Glen Golby
Steve King
Craig Dennis
Nicky Cowley (c)
Danny Cowley
Billy Holland
Danny Heale
Matt Hayes
Billy Drake
Lee Springer
Rikki Burbridge
Ket Koka-Makitu
John Hickman
GK 17
Concord Rangers
Robbie Budd
Roger Gell
Dave Burton
Nathan Collins (c)
Dave Whiteley
Sam Ing
Michael Lee
Scott Johnson
Craig Gillam
Carl Read
Chris Brown
Jamie Clarke
Ollie Baker
Danny Ringer
Ricky Chapman
Rob Collins

Man of the Match
Nominated by The John Virgo Crew

Steve King

Weather Conditions:  10 degrees. Showers

Match Officials: Edurado Giacone with Mark Bradshaw and Jeff Stanley

Match duration: First half 47mins 5secs. Second half 48mins 59secs

Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil