Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2005-06 Season / 2005-06 Results / Match Report

Westview Essex Senior League
Saturday 15th October 2005
  Hullbrige Sports 0 - 4 AFC Hornchurch
  H/T 0-2
Holland 4', Heale (pen) 42' 72'
Hambley 64',

Match Highlights
Hullbridge Sports   AFC Hornchurch
4 GOAL - Holland
  9 MISSED Pen - Holland
31 BOOKED - Holland
42 GOAL - Heale (pen)
Wilson - OFF
Van Rensburg - ON
Webster - OFF
Liliker - ON
64 GOAL - Hambley
G Cheesewright - OFF
Wheeler - ON
70 OFF - Hambley
ON - Perry
  72 GOAL - Heale
  78 OFF - Heale
ON - Burbridge

Match Report by Tony Middleton

Over 120 visiting supporters were present, in the crowd of 158, making it by far Hullbridge’s highest of the season, With two players making their debut appearance, Tim Hambley in midfield and John Hickman in goal, it was Hambley who was first in action, taking a cross field pass from Tiffin and playing the ball deep into the goalmouth, but too high and too long for either Holland or Heale to reach. John Hickman was also given an early touch of the ball, but only to field a long and hopeful punt from Jamie Cheesewright. Hullbridge had difficulty in getting the ball to one of their own players and they fell behind after four minutes when they allowed BILLY HOLLAND far too much space, and he moved in and shot from the edge of the area, the goalkeeper fumbling the ball across the line. Hullbridge had an opportunity to pull the goal back two minutes later when Paul Golby was unable to control a high ball in midfield and lost possession to O’Connor, who went clear. Bostock was quick to come across and his tackle cleared the danger. Steve King then hammered a clearance out of the ground, but Hornchurch soon regained control, with Nicky Cowley taking a pass from Danny Cowley and playing the ball low into the middle, where Dinig did well to turn it out for a corner, taken by Paul Golby, who took all the corners on the right. Golby’s corner led to a massive scramble in front of goal before the ball fell enticingly in front of Hambley, who was tripped up. Billy Holland stepped up to take the penalty, but his shot was far too close to Dinig, who had a comparatively easy save.

Urchins nearly found the net soon after when Nicky Cowley’s free kick was headed narrowly over by King, and then a Tiffin cross from the touchline found King again, whose header this time was saved by Dinig. When Bostock gave away a free kick following a tackle on George Cheesewright near the half way line, Hullbridge pushed upfield into the penalty area for the free kick, taken by their captain Krayling, but Heale headed away, Holland took up the running and played the ball into the middle, where Heale had quickly moved upfield, only for Papworth to head clear. Paul Golby crossed the field to take another corner and this time Heale got onto the end of the cross but mis-directed the header wide of the post. King, playing once again in midfield rather than at the back, dispossessed Cole and played the ball forward to Heale, who in turn flicked on to Holland, and he sent Nicky Cowley away on the right. A good cross resulted with Papworth heading strongly upfield to safety.

A Holland shot was only partly cleared by keeper Dinig, and Holland regained possession, and played the ball out to Hambley on the left wing, whose long cross field pass found Nicky Cowley on his own out on the right wing. Nicky cut in and his shot was turned around the post for another corner, with Paul Golby again coming across to take the kick. This was headed out and played back into the middle where Cole conceded another corner. This one was a bit different as Paul Golby kicked the corner flag in his follow through, but the ball still reached the centre, where Dinig held grabbed it on the line.

The linesman replaced the flag, then got into the picture again when he flagged up for offside, after Nicky Cowley had ran past three defenders from Danny’s pass. For the next fifteen minutes the play remained in the midfield with Hullbridge seemingly winning possession of most of the loose balls, but without being able to create anything. It began to look as though the penalty miss would be costly, but this changed when Heale centred to King to get in his header, which Dinig pushed out to Papworth, who hammered the ball out of play. Glen Golby’s long throw in ended with another corner, this time on the left, which Tiffin crossed the field to take. The ball was swung into the middle, and Billy Holland was pushed in the back and this time the penalty was taken by DANNY HEALE, whose shot was low and well to the keeper’s left. There was still time for Paul Golby to run across for a corner, which was headed over, just before the half time whistle.

Urchins had the increasing wind in their favour in the second half, and they started strongly, with Krayling conceding a corner, which Tiffin took on the right and Hambley turned the ball back to Holland, who was tackled by Papworth, whose long clearance went out of play. Glen Golby took his usual long throw , which picked out King who was fouled. Paul Golby took the free kick and the ball dipped towards goal where Lee-Finch was able to clear. But only as far as Tiffin who played the ball deep into the middle, where Billy Holland scored with a magnificent diving header, only for a raised flag to indicate a somewhat questionable offside. Lee-Finch was in action again, misheading a pass in midfield, and managing to concede a corner where no corner needed to be conceded. Paul Golby made his usual fifty yard trek across to take the corner, and Steve King backheaded the ball onto the underside of the bar, with Krayling then kicking the ball out of play for a corner on the other side, which Tiffin crossed over to take, but nothing came of it as a free kick was given to Hullbridge when the call came into the middle.

Holland then won the ball out on the right, and played the ball into the goalmouth, where Heale’s header was cleared off the line. Danny Heale was by now controlling the play in the Hullbridge half of the field whilst Hambley was doing much the same on the left side of the field, and when Heale gained the ball just inside the Hullbridge half, he twisted and turned in four directions, leaving the defenders wondering what to do next, before touching the ball out to Nicky Cowley, patiently waiting on the right, and Nicky’s low cross was headed out by Lee-Finch.

And then something of a surprise – two corners in quick succession for Hullbridge, bringing the conrer count to nine for Urchins and two for Hullbridge. Hickman made his first save of the day from the first of these, touching the ball out as it swung dangerously towards goal. The second of the corners fell to Hughes, who immediately lost the ball to Danny Cowley, who played a neat pass up to Glen Golby who sent Hambley away on the left, Dinig saving well as the ball came over. Then Danny Cowley set off on a long run which ended with Danny sprawling headlong on the edge of the area. The long overdue third goal came thanks to Billy Holland who shielded the ball wall from Wilson and then fed a pass to TIM HAMBLEY who moved in from the left and scored with a well placed shot. Another long Glen Golby throw, another save by Dinig, who then had to run out of goal to smother the ball at Holland’s feet as he threatened to break through. The fourth goal came after a long and intricate build up involving Heale, Nicky Cowley, Holland and Tiffin, with DANNY HEALE glancing his header home.

Burdbridge came on, and quickly got into the action, taking Perry’s pass and weaving in from the left, past two defenders, but he ran the ball just out of play prior to crossing into the middle. Hickman, a spectator for long periods, then punted a long upfield kick which was headed on by Holland to Burbridge out on the left, and his powerful drive was deflected out by Krayling. Hickton made an excellent save when he dived to palm out George Cheesewright’s header from Liliker’s corner, and he gathered the rebound, made a long clearance upfield and Burbridge ran on to the ball but again his shot was deflected, leaving Paul Golby to run across to take yet another corner, from which Burbridge’s header was cleared off the line by Krayling again, for a corner. There was still time for Burdbridge to hit a free kick into the wall, but four goals did not really do justice to a totally dominant performance, with Heal

Video Highlights by Rob Monger

- 4mins. Billy Holland gives us an early lead (470KB)
- 42mins. Danny Heale scores our second from the spot (600KB)
- 64mins. Timmy Hambley scores on his debut (560KB)
- 72mins. Danny Heale gets his second of the match (535KB)
- Post mach interview with new signing Timmy Hambley (1.9MB)


Hullbridge Sports
Trevor Dinig
David Krayling (c)
A Lee-Finch
Kevin Cole
Carl Papworth
Chris Wilson
Ross Webster
Jay O'Connor
George Cheesewright
Neal Hughes
Jamie Cheesewright
M Van Rensburg
A Liliker
Scott Wheeler
Lee Davies
Steve Davidson
AFC Hornchurch
John Hickman
Greg Tiffin
Paul Golby
Glen Golby
Steve King
Jordan Bostock (c)
Nicky Cowley
Danny Cowley
Billy Holland
Danny Heale
Timmy Hambley
Lee Perry
Rikki Burbridge
Terry Everett
Charlie Bull
Gareth Thomas

Man of the Match
Nominated by ...

Weather Conditions:  17 degress and sunny - wind speed 15.
Match Duration: First half 45mins 33secs. Second half 45mins 48secs
Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil