Match Day*
Nav Fixtures & Results
Nav League Table
Nav Away Travel
Nav Statistics
The Club*
Nav Directions
Nav Club Directory
Nav Press Information
Nav Contact Webmasters
Nav Forum
Nav Video Clips
Nav Email List
Nav Photographs


Fans Focus

First Hosting
Home / 2005-06 Season / 2005-06 Results / Match Report

Essex Senior League Cup Group C
Tuesday 20th September 2005
AFC Hornchurch 6 - 2 Hullbridge Sports  
King 18', Heale 38' 46', Holland 53
Drake 74, N Cowley 87
H/T 2-1
Webster 45 (pen), Hughes 86

Match Highlights
AFC Hornchurch   Hullbridge Sports
King - GOAL 18  
Heale - GOAL 38  
45 GOAL - Webster (pen)
Heale - GOAL 46  
Holland - GOAL 53  
Holland - OFF
N Cowley - ON
King - OFF
Thomas - ON
  63 OFF - Sharman
ON - Boothe
Heale - OFF
Drake - ON
Drake - GOAL 74
  78 BOOKED - Cheesewright
  86 GOAL - Hughes
N Cowley - GOAL 87

Match Report by Tony Middleton

Urchins made a slow start, and the first few minutes were largely played out in midfield, apart from a through pass from Perry which found Holland running in towards goal, the move coming to nothing thanks to a timely interception by Krayling, who had quickly covered. A bad tackle on Perry earned Urchins the first free kick of the night, Danny Cowley's well
flighted ball into the goalmouth being headed on by King, for Dining to save well. But it was Hullbridge who nearly took the lead, O'Connor taking advantage of a slip by Bostock to run clear, but his shot was hurried and Collier made a routine save. The first really promising move of the match came when Heale and Perry set up Greg Tiffin on the right, and he cut inside, but Sharman tackled before he could get in a shot. King followed up on the clearance, and looked likely to score until Hughes, back in defence, made a good tackle to clear the danger. Tiffin was in frequent action on the right, and when put clear by Holland's neat cross pass, his low cross into the middle was cut out by Davies. Heale and King then combined to feed the ball out to the left, for Sean Dear, with Davies again being first to reach the centre. Perry was fouled by Cheesewright and Danny Cowley's free kick
found King, whose header was cleared from under the bar by Krayling, but only as far as Perry, who put his return shot too high and over the bar.

Glen Golby got into the action, running on to King's back header, and Dining did well to save, but a goal was well overdue, as Hullbridge struggled to keep out the non stop flow of attacks. Danny Cowley won a corner, Tiffin crossed to the left to take the kick, and Krayling headed out for another corner. To the surprise of many, Sean Dear moved over from left back to take the corner on the right, and Sean's debut corner found STEVE KING, who
scored with a powerful header. With Urchins stepping up a gear, Heale found Holland, but his centre swung in too far and over the bar. Hullbridge could have levelled when a long throw reached Cheesewright, and Bostock had to clear at the cost of a corner, but within seconds it was back to the other end, with Holland racing around Davies. The linesman flagged, but the referee allowed play to continue and Holland's shot skimmed the post.
Hullbridge did not cave in under the pressure and came back strongly, with Hughes long cross field pass to Wilson creating an opening on the right. Hughes cross however went over the bar with the home defence still running back to cover.

Holland was pulled back for offside when Heale put him through, and Danny Cowley set up Tiffin, whose run took him almost to the touchline, and Dining dived to grab the cross as Holland followed up. Dear was again called over to take a corner, and when Davies headed over his own cross bar, it was Dear again with the corner, which King headed narrowly wide. Next it was Danny Cowley and Perry who combined in a well marshalled midfield to send Holland away, only for offside to be given. Holland, who dropped back to field a
loose clearance, fed the ball neatly out to Tiffin, whose run took him past two defenders, with Dining once again diving to catch the cross. Tiffin once more, and this time his shot was wide of the post.

On the left, Charlie Bull had had a quiet night up to now, but then he raced off down the left, and his centre cannoned off a defender to safety. Hullbridge came back again, with Cheesewright's first time volley being turned round the post by Collier. The second goal followed when the corner was cleared, thanks to an excellent tackle by Danny Cowley, who played the ball to Perry, who in turn found Holland, and it was DANNY HEALE who finished the move off, rounding Dining to score.

When King and Dear sent Charlie Bull off down the left wing, Wilson broke up the move, and almost on half time Urchins conceded a penalty when there appeared to be no danger, thanks to a hand ball when the ball bobbed up sharply, Danny Cowley being the victim. ROSS WEBSTER scored confidently from the spot. There was still time for Tiffin to force Dining to save, whilst the half ended when Tiffin's corner kick was punched clear by Dining.

The half time score did not reflect the overall superiority , but within 51 seconds of the restart the third goal arrived, thanks to some excellent inter-passing between Charlie Bull and Danny Cowley, who chipped the ball to DANNY HEALE who drove the ball low and wide of Dining and into the net.

It could have been four a minute later, Collier's long upfield kick being flicked on by Heale to Holland, who hit the post, but then a snap shot from thirty yards by O'Connor was well saved by Collier, to prevent an immediate reply from the visitors. Bull moved inside onto Dear's pass, and made a telling run through the middle, and played a short pass to Heale, who touched on to Holland, whose flick was saved at full stretch by Dining. The
fourth goal came when it was least expected, as Collier had saved at the other end, and then pumped the ball high down the middle, where BILLY HOLLAND reacted first and ran on to score.

Frequent announcements for an errant MG to be moved were made, to the amusement of the crowd, which brought the comment that the easiest solution would be to dismantle the car and sell it on ebay. On the field, Hullbridge were now struggling, though Urchins eased up the pace somewhat. Tiffin cut inside but shot wide, Bull's lengthy run from inside his own half ended when Sharman tackled on the edge of the area, whilst Perry set up Heale, who chipped the ball over Dining but also wide of the post. Nicky Cowley came on, and nearly scored when Perry put him through, and then Nicky found Danny who was stopped by Krayling, the over-worked visitors' captain. Dear needed treatment following a tackle by Boothe,and then Dear's excellent upfield pass found Danny Cowley, who touched the ball sideways to Perry, who in turn send Bull away. Fernandez ran back to concede a corner, and Tiffin played it short to Bull, who tried a first time shot from the edge of the area, which
Dining did well to keep out. Billy Drake made a good run down the left, having only just come onto the field, and Drake could have scored with a shot which rolled across goal and out of play. The fifth goal came when Bull sent a long cross field pass to Tiffin, whose crossed was touched home by BILLY DRAKE at the second attempt, the first being well saved by Dining. Drake yet again, this time on the left, and he found Nicky Cowley, whose
header glanced wide of the post.

The Riverside terrace found its voice, and drowned out the Eastside, whilst the player of the match was named as Lee Perry, but Treeboy. Back on the field, both Bull and Nicky Cowley went close, whilst a Golby pass found Tiffin whose shot was well saved by Dining. Hullbridge pulled a goal back, NEAL HUGHES being the first to get to a ball which bobbed around in the penalty area, but it was Urchins who had the final say, when Tiffin found
NICKY COWLEY, whose immaculately placed kick eluded Dining and just went inside the post. Sean Dear, who was taking all the corners on his opposite side of the field, just had time to take one more, when the final whistle went, after just 45 seconds of stoppage time.

Video Highlights by Rob Monger

- 18mins. Steve King heads us into the lead (580KB)
- 38mins. Danny Heale makes it 2-0 (680KB)
- 45mins. Ross Webster pulls one back from the spot (450KB)
- 46mins. Danny Heale restores the margin (590KB)
- 53mins. Billy Holland gets his goal (590KB)
- 74mins. Billy Drake scores our fifth (600KB)
- 86mins. Hullbridge's Neale Hughes scores their second (680KB)
- 87mins. Nicky Cowley completes the scoring (545KB)


AFC Hornchurch
Michael Collier
Greg Tiffin
Sean Dear
Glen Golby
Steve King
Jordan Bostock (c)
Danny Cowley
Lee Perry
Billy Holland
Danny Heale
Charlie Bull
Gareth Thomas
Nicky Cowley
Paul Golby
Billy Drake
Rhys Madden
Hullbridge Sports
Trevor Dining
Chris Wilson
David Krayling (c)
Lee Sharman
Lee Davies
Ross Webster
Neal Hughes
Jack O'Connor
Jamie Cheesewright
Mark Fernandez
Steve Reeves
Carlo Boothe
Andrew Lilliker
Scott Wheeler

Man of the Match
Nominated by Treeboy

Lee Perry

Match Officials: Edorado Giacone with Rob White and Gordon Moores
Weather Conditions:  19 degrees and cloudy
Match Duration: First half 48mins 27secs, Second half 45mins 45secs
Last Match
Travel Details
Live updates subject to mobile signals
AFC Hornchurch Forum Latest Posts

    Website designed & hosted by First Hosting - 0845 345 8888 - www.firsthosting.co.uk
    The contents of this site are copyright 2004-6.   Pictures may not be copied without permission.
    All logos, maps and other images are copyright of the respective owners. All photographs are copyright of Ian C. Walmsley / First Images 2004-6, unless advised.
    This page was last updated:  06/03/06
    This site is the official site of AFC Hornchurch and any views or opinions expressed on these pages are those of the author,
    and not necessarily of AFC Hornchurch, Webmaster or any other person.

    Also at
    www.urchins.org  / www.urchins.org.uk  / www.hornchurchfc.co.uk / www.hornchurchfc.net / www.afch.co.uk
    buy cialis or generic tadalafil